TVO's Steve Paikin, National Post columnist George Jonas and fashion media personality Jeanne Bekker all joined the ranks of recipients of the Order of Canada. Many other media personalities, including the CBC's Don Newman and Joe Schlesinger are already sporting one on their lapels. The latter two are retired.
Maybe the question needs to be asked whether journalists should accept this honour while still active. Or, for that matter, whether they should be appointed to the Senate.
Whatever happened to the independent press in this country?
BTW: Mike Duffy never got one.
- ► 2019 (47)
- ► 2018 (137)
- ► 2017 (183)
- ► 2016 (278)
- ► 2015 (321)
- ► 2014 (262)
- Media people and the Order of Canada
- TIME splitting from Warner; abandoning "church and...
- 70 journalists killed in 2013, including 29 in Syr...
- Geoff Stirling, broadcast pioneer, dies at 92
- Senate ethics – what about Press Gallery ethics? -...
- Attack on reporter Tetyana Chornovil fires up Ukra...
- Star reporter Jennifer Quinn wins Amnesty Internat...
- Sun News must be available to all cable and satell...
- Rob Ford apologizes again, Daniel Dale drops lawsuit
- Harper snubs CTV, Trudeau shuns Sun News in year-e...
- Rob Ford apologizes to Daniel Dale; Dale says apol...
- Syrian rebels promise to work for journalists’ safety
- Toronto Star reporter serves libel notice on Rob F...
- Former late-night CTV Ottawa anchor Leigh Chapple ...
- Rob Ford, Toronto Star battle hits incredible new ...
- Rogers merges Canadian Business and Profit
- The strange and changing world we live in
- Sun Media to lay off 200, 50 from editorial ops
- Patrick Brazeau lands a gig as Parliament Hill rep...
- ▼ December (19)
- ► 2012 (644)
- ► 2011 (750)
- ► 2010 (1055)