A U.S. federal judge on Friday ordered the Trump administration to immediately reinstate CNN reporter Jim Acosta's credentials to cover the White House, though a lawsuit over the revocation of the pass continues.
U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Kelly, an appointee of President Donald Trump, announced his decision following a hearing in Washington. The judge said Acosta's credentials would be returned immediately and reactivated to allow him access to the White House for media briefings and other events.
The White House said it would comply, but planned to develop "rules" for orderly news conferences. (CBC)
- ► 2019 (47)
- Reporter must give RCMP material about accused ter...
- Government support not an easy solution for journa...
- Ottawa to provide aid to support Canadian journali...
- CNN drops suit against White House after Acosta’s ...
- White House tells Jim Acosta his press pass will b...
- Reuters merging still pix and video news
- White House must return CNN reporter's media pass,...
- Trump lawyer claims all reporters can be banned fr...
- CNN sues White House over revocation of Jim Acosta...
- New book about the Ottawa press gallery
- Sale of Rogers magazines to publisher of The Hocke...
- ▼ November (11)
- ► 2017 (183)
- ► 2016 (278)
- ► 2015 (321)
- ► 2014 (262)
- ► 2013 (365)
- ► 2012 (644)
- ► 2011 (750)
- ► 2010 (1055)