Friday, October 23, 2009

Who believes that Harper watches only American news?

Even Stephen Harper's own cabinet seems to be having trouble accepting that the man with the famously frosty relationship to the national news media doesn't consume Canadian news.

"I tend to watch American news," Harper said this week during a question-and-answer session at a Canadian Chamber of Commerce convention in Toronto.

"I don't like to watch Canadian news and hear what Allan (Gregg) and everybody else is saying about me. My hobby is to watch politics elsewhere."

Gregg, a pollster and CBC pundit, was in the audience.

Industry Minister Tony Clement was aghast Thursday when asked about Harper's news viewing habits.

"I'm sure he does" watch Canadian news, Clement said outside the House of Commons.

No comments:

Blog Archive