Monday, September 20, 2010
CBC News Toronto Announces New Anchor Team
CBC Release -- CBC News Toronto is bringing together two of Toronto's most dynamic news anchors to lead its local TV supperhour newscasts, beginning Oct. 12. Anne-Marie Mediwake moves to CBC News Toronto from the morning anchor desk at CBC News Network. She is joined by fellow veteran journalist and anchor Dwight Drummond, who has spent the last 20 years at CityTV. Together, they will co-host CBC News Toronto's supperhour newscast at 5, 5:30 and 6 p.m. "We are thrilled to have such journalistic leaders and popular anchors as Anne-Marie and Dwight teaming up to bring GTA residents the day's most important local and regional news stories, delivered in a context they simply won't get anywhere else," said Jennifer McGuire, general manager and editor in chief, CBC News.
- ► 2017 (148)
- ► 2016 (278)
- ► 2015 (321)
- ► 2014 (262)
- ► 2013 (365)
- ► 2012 (644)
- ► 2011 (750)
- Maclean's owner Rogers expresses 'regret' over Que...
- House of Commons censures Maclean’s over Quebec ar...
- Globe fires leftist columnist Rick Salution; suppo...
- The Fast Fix appears -- warmed over stuff
- Incredible blunder names wrong "winner" in contest...
- Further award for G&M's "Behind the Veil"
- RIM confirms release of new tablet to rival iPad
- Bell reaches settlement in class action
- Proms and Winbledon cut by BBC World Service
- OUT: CNN news chief Klein, NBC's Zucker
- Rogers, other carriers said to be eyeing Altria
- Wall Street Journal launches new weekender
- Philadelphia Inquirer Lenders Win Auction
- Will E-readers take off or remain a niche?
- Netflix "extras" told to pose as happy consumers
- NYT foresees loss on lower ads and circulation
- Postmedia aiming to have a public offering of its ...
- "Le Droit" cartoon draws ire of Jewish group
- Indo-Canadian radio host’s life threatened
- First Lang fellowship recipient named
- Lisa LaFlamme: From danger zones to a desk
- CBC News Toronto Announces New Anchor Team
- Globe to unveil redesign on Oct 1; release says it...
- Mississauga mayor's testimony draws Toronto media
- The Star's Leslie Scrivener introduces Global's ne...
- Federal scientists muzzled despite 'openness' poli...
- Mexico newspaper begs drug lords to spare reporter...
- Sun apologizes to George Soros for Ezra Levant col...
- State-run Egyptian newspaper explains why it docto...
- Pat Burns is still alive, Twitter out of control
- Cynthia Kinch leaving CBC
- No licence to leer: NatPost columnist on the Mexic...
- CP's Murray Brewster wins award for defence report...
- AP monitoring CNN since it dropped service
- Egyptian newspaper alters Obama-Mubarak pic
- BSkyB review "likely" says U-K government
- Edwin Newman recalled for his literacy and humour
- Kory Teneycke quits Sun TV
- Hollywood Reporter (THR) most read show biz site
- National Post offers employee buyouts
- Woman reporter embarrassed in locker room
- Czechs stop Google's Street View data collection
- Bell officially launches Fibe Internet TV
- "Frugal" Bob Gage leaves Western Mustangs $1 M
- Survey shows transition to online news
- Piers Morgan wants Obama on his CNN talk show
- Fecan decision to leave unexpected, unexplained
- Ivan Fecan to retire when BCE deal complete
- Can phone guys finally find happiness in TV Land?
- "Level playing field" says BCE's Cope
- Bell "Fibe" experiment an alternative to cable?
- What do the players want from this mega-deal?
- Woodbridge (Thomson) release on G&M control
- BCE to take full control of CTV
- Citytv news anchor has kidney cancer
- How Google Instant could reinvent channel flipping...
- British journalist Piers Morgan named as Larry Kin...
- CanWest gains protection extension
- European Parliament wants media to "better communi...
- CBC.ca hires managing editor from The Star
- Google aims for fall U.S. launch of its TV service...
- Tom Clark leaving CTV
- Fox News north: The view from abroad
- Chief of ABC News is resigning
- London police to Investigate Murdoch newspaper pho...
- Pulitzer-winning cartoonist Paul Conrad dies at 86...
- Judge OKs sale of Ohio-based newspaper chain
- Postmedia cutting newspaper jobs
- German court rules against YouTube over copyright
- Former Globe and Mail editor Ed Greenspon joins To...
- Sun TV News asks for 3-year must-carry from CRTC
- Petition calls Sun TV News "hate media"
- JAMA editor resigns after ten years on job
- Washington Times Sold for $1 to Allies of Rev. Moo...
- Atwood miffed with Harper, opposes Sun News TV
- Environmental Militant Killed at Discovery Channel...
- Postmedia unveils new logo
- Thomson Reuters Buys Healthcare Data Management
- ▼ September (78)