Jon Filson will lead the launch of Toronto Star’s tablet edition.
Filson, who is the sports editor of the Star, will start his new role as assistant managing editor–tablet launch, on Aug. 11, according to a memo sent by managing editor Jane Davenport. J-Source reports.
“In the year ahead, the launch of a tablet edition as a major platform for our journalism will be a top priority,” she said in the memo. “Jon will be taking a leading role, working directly with me, to get our newsroom ready to take this step—likely at this time next year.”
His replacement as sports editor has not been named.
- ► 2017 (165)
- ► 2016 (278)
- ► 2015 (321)
- War by social media: Islamic State’s propaganda is...
- Susan Bonner new host of World at Six
- Missing journalist Steve Pettibone found dead
- Mark Medley, NatPost books editor, jumps to Globe...
- Hunt for identity of masked killer who beheaded jo...
- QMI agency sports editor missing
- Seamus O’Regan seeks nomination to run for federal...
- Stephen Meurice is editor of the Canadian Press
- CTV axes seven W5 producers, reduces number of epi...
- Harper's official photographer to use drone camera...
- CBC cuts sportscasters
- Kevin O'Leary quits CBC, heads back to BNN
- Chapman Pincher, Fleet St. scoop specialist, dies ...
- Jack Fleishmann to leave CTV
- When lightning hits file stand-up from water
- CNN correspondent Arwa Damon bit two medics in vio...
- Former W.H. press secretary James Brady, wounded i...
- Alison Uncles to Maclean's
- Jon Filson to lead launch of Toronto Star’s tablet...
- Vancouver's Bill Good and Philip Till retire
- Lianne George named editorial director of Chatelai...
- The lights are on, but nobody's home at Google
- John Honderich, Craig Oliver named to News Hall of...
- ▼ August (23)
- ► 2013 (365)
- ► 2012 (644)
- ► 2011 (750)
- ► 2010 (1055)