OTTAWA—Some 25 years ago this summer, CBC launched its all-news cable channel, then called Newsworld, Susan Delacourt writes.
The network has been marking the anniversary with periodic glimpses of its coverage of large and small events in Canada and abroad.
Many of the current denizens of Ottawa never knew or can barely remember a life before all-news TV.
(Before there was Newsworld, CTV had Question Period, hosted by the late Bruce Phillips. He and P. Trudeau once abolished private enterprise during a Christmas interview. :)) Well, not really, it was just Pierre's musings but caused quite a stir.)
- ► 2017 (109)
- ► 2016 (278)
- ► 2015 (321)
- Maria Babbage leaves CP for health ministry
- Good CJFE article on the right to take photographs...
- Mike Duffy Senate expenses trial set for 41 days s...
- The Tyee Names Jane Armstrong Editor-in-Chief
- George Radwanski dead at 67
- Mistaking Chinese leader’s name for Roman numeral ...
- Netflix dominates prime-time data usage in Canada,...
- Tyson heaps abuse on CP24's Nathan Downer
- Why the James Foley tragedy offers lessons for all...
- Reporters evicted from Rob Ford campaign speech
- Ontario wants CRTC to regulate new media like Netf...
- Peter Kent beats throat cancer, urges HPV vaccinat...
- Transformation at Western’s journalism program
- How Newsworld changed Canada’s political culture: ...
- Le Devoir facing money crunch, layoffs: report
- Paul Robertson, president of Shaw Media, passes aw...
- Peter Stursberg, war correspondent, dead at 101
- ▼ September (17)
- ► 2013 (365)
- ► 2012 (644)
- ► 2011 (750)
- ► 2010 (1055)