Good piece in iPolitics by media veteran and Carleton prof Paul Adams on the Ghomeshsi situation.
"So here’s a question: From what we know now, if you were a woman working at the CBC, would you have confidence in the judgment of your managers to handle a complaint of sexual harassment? To ask the question is to answer it.
"We know the CBC’s handling of the Ghomeshi affair was shambolic. We know their executives have not been forthright and consistent in their few public utterances.
"It is time now for those responsible to resign or be fired. For the good of the CBC."
The whole column
- ► 2019 (47)
- ► 2018 (137)
- ► 2017 (183)
- ► 2016 (278)
- ► 2015 (321)
- Literary Review of Canada seeking a new editor; Br...
- CBC chair's 2010 letter to Harper slams Tory attac...
- Huffington Post Live seeks approval from CRTC to s...
- Andrew Coyone becomes National Post's Editorials a...
- CBC yanking Jian Ghomeshi’s interviews offline
- More job and program cuts at CBC
- Moses Znaimer in talks to buy Sun News Network
- Questions swirl over effectiveness of outside Jian...
- Union cautions CBC employees about internal Ghomes...
- Former journalist Bruce Phillips dies at 84
- CBC took $5,000 from Warner Music so Jian Ghomeshi...
- Heads need to roll at the CBC: Paul Adams
- "Panorama" current affairs show could be split fro...
- Star columnist muses about Ghomeshi photo
- ▼ December (14)
- ► 2013 (365)
- ► 2012 (644)
- ► 2011 (750)
- ► 2010 (1055)