The Globe and Mail's James Bradshaw reports that Moses Znaimer is "hoping to expand his reach on the TV dial by acquiring the money-losing Sun News Network from Quebecor Inc."
"According to a source familiar with the negotiations, Mr. Znaimer is eager to make a deal that would see ZoomerMedia Ltd., a company he controls, buy the news and opinion channel before the year is over. Mr. Znaimer currently has exclusive negotiating rights, and the price of the purchase would be low, the source said," Bradshaw writes.
- ► 2017 (164)
- ► 2016 (278)
- ► 2015 (321)
- Literary Review of Canada seeking a new editor; Br...
- CBC chair's 2010 letter to Harper slams Tory attac...
- Huffington Post Live seeks approval from CRTC to s...
- Andrew Coyone becomes National Post's Editorials a...
- CBC yanking Jian Ghomeshi’s interviews offline
- More job and program cuts at CBC
- Moses Znaimer in talks to buy Sun News Network
- Questions swirl over effectiveness of outside Jian...
- Union cautions CBC employees about internal Ghomes...
- Former journalist Bruce Phillips dies at 84
- CBC took $5,000 from Warner Music so Jian Ghomeshi...
- Heads need to roll at the CBC: Paul Adams
- "Panorama" current affairs show could be split fro...
- Star columnist muses about Ghomeshi photo
- ▼ December (14)
- ► 2013 (365)
- ► 2012 (644)
- ► 2011 (750)
- ► 2010 (1055)