The Star's Christopher Hume calls the photo by Colin McConnell of Ghomeshi leaving court "the first great image" of the fallen star's saga. Excerpt:
"The shot, taken as Ghomeshi, his lawyer Marie Henein and lawyer Danielle Robitaille make their way past a throng of media, isn’t just a study of a man who stands accused, but a portrait of pain and suffering. In earlier times, it might have been a painting by Raphael, Rembrandt or perhaps Caravaggio."
The whole column
(A little over the top maybe?--ED)
- ► 2017 (164)
- ► 2016 (278)
- ► 2015 (321)
- Literary Review of Canada seeking a new editor; Br...
- CBC chair's 2010 letter to Harper slams Tory attac...
- Huffington Post Live seeks approval from CRTC to s...
- Andrew Coyone becomes National Post's Editorials a...
- CBC yanking Jian Ghomeshi’s interviews offline
- More job and program cuts at CBC
- Moses Znaimer in talks to buy Sun News Network
- Questions swirl over effectiveness of outside Jian...
- Union cautions CBC employees about internal Ghomes...
- Former journalist Bruce Phillips dies at 84
- CBC took $5,000 from Warner Music so Jian Ghomeshi...
- Heads need to roll at the CBC: Paul Adams
- "Panorama" current affairs show could be split fro...
- Star columnist muses about Ghomeshi photo
- ▼ December (14)
- ► 2013 (365)
- ► 2012 (644)
- ► 2011 (750)
- ► 2010 (1055)