William Douglas Grogan died on July 4, 2015 at the Concordia health facility in Bella Vista, Arkansas, at age 80. He was born, raised and educated in Winnipeg, where he had a memorable career in radio, TV and the local entertainment scene until the late seventies when he became a Special Assistant to the late Hon. Robert Stanfield. On Stanfield's retirement, Bill joined the Public Service of Canada and served in several appointments at the Executive level until his retirement in 1994.
In the 1970s, Bill was a gregarious regular at the old Ottawa Press Club.
Ottawa Citizen death announcement
- ► 2016 (278)
- VICE Media to fight Mounties’ demand for notes on ...
- CBC president and board must go: Unions
- Trudeau’s ‘open government’ plan guaranteed to mak...
- CRTC Commissioner suing chairman
- CBC/Radio-Canada nabs broadcast rights to Olympics...
- Hungarian camerawoman says she plans to sue refuge...
- Andrew Coyne resigns as NatPost comment editor ove...
- Sue Lloyd-Roberts, pioneering BBC journalist, dead...
- Amanda Lang goes to Bloomberg TV
- Amanda Lang leaving CBC
- Bill Grogan, veteran radio guy and Stanfield speec...
- CBC introduces bullying helpline for staff in wake...
- Federal election’s broadcast consortium debate can...
- Colin Perkel's review of Louie Palu's documentary ...
- Long-time CJOH anchor Max Keeping dead at 73
- ▼ October (15)
- ► 2014 (262)
- ► 2013 (365)
- ► 2012 (644)
- ► 2011 (750)
- ► 2010 (1055)