"Canadians need to ask whether we are prepared to permit our publicly funded institutions to use our dollars to suppress free speech. If we don’t push back and stop allowing the scolds at CBC, McGill and elsewhere from applying their own values of political correctness to impose their ideological intolerance, they will grow more empowered in their purge of any and all thought-provoking ideas."
The Howard Levitt column
(Nice idea but what journalist is a financial match for The Star or CBC in a court battle?)
- ► 2019 (47)
- ► 2018 (137)
- New York Times eliminating Public Editor
- Howard Levitt: Journalists need to start suing, be...
- Andrew Scheer says he would axe CBC News!
- The National might replace Peter Mansbridge with m...
- Supreme Court to decide who owns the 38,000 storie...
- New York Times will offer buyouts to editors in pu...
- Canada to launch an offshoot of a worldwide networ...
- Roger Ailes dead at 77
- CBC announces leadership changes at The National f...
- Two more journalists killed in Mexico
- Jonathan Kay resign as editor of The Walrus: Repor...
- High-profile Canadian journalists pledge to raise ...
- CBC London, Ont. station set to launch in June
- Magazine editor quits after outrage over column sa...
- Pew study finds Democrats more interested in media...
- Desmond Cole and the Toronto Star
- Everything is on the table’ in Torstar turnaround ...
- ZoomerMedia loses appeal in ex-CEO’s lawsuit
- Torstar posts $24.4-million loss as revenue slides...
- Exiled Iranian TV executive shot dead in Istanbul
- The Sun's Lorrie Goldstein says Trump was right to...
- ▼ May (21)
- ► 2016 (278)
- ► 2015 (321)
- ► 2014 (262)
- ► 2013 (365)
- ► 2012 (644)
- ► 2011 (750)
- ► 2010 (1055)