Business news channel BNN is going to become BNN Bloomberg this spring following a partnership deal between its corporate parent Bell Media (TSX:BCE) and Bloomberg Media, CP reports.
The deal will see the station add several hours of live evening television coverage of Asian markets, early morning programs from Europe and contributions from Bloomberg reporters.
BNN’s website will become BNNBloomberg.ca and include Bloomberg’s international news coverage.
The partnership will also see an increase in BNN’s syndicated radio content available for distribution to Bell Media radio stations, including rights to distribute the Bloomberg Radio livestream in Canada and a new channel on iHeartRadio.
BNN started in 1999 as Report on Business Television before it rebranded to its current moniker in 2007.
Bloomberg TV Canada announced in August that it was cutting its two original Canadian business programs, and in September the channel was replaced by Bloomberg TV.
- ► 2019 (47)
- In Trump era, the death of the White House press c...
- BNN, Bloomberg becoming partners
- Court finds tribunal secrecy unconstitutional in r...
- Steve Paikin cleared after investigation into alle...
- Attempt to organize the National Post newsroom fails
- Former Rogers president Ken Whyte launches non-fic...
- The Globe's John Doyle takes another run at The Na...
- Ben Chin to be Morneau’s next chief of staff
- Paul Bliss sues CTV, woman who accused him of sexu...
- No media bus for Doug Ford
- When a local newspaper is attacked for telling the...
- Michael Goldbloom named chair of CBC/Radio-Canada
- Toronto Star brand to expand nationally via Metro ...
- Torstar Corp hiring!
- ▼ April (14)
- ► 2017 (183)
- ► 2016 (278)
- ► 2015 (321)
- ► 2014 (262)
- ► 2013 (365)
- ► 2012 (644)
- ► 2011 (750)
- ► 2010 (1055)