Saturday, January 23, 2010

Conan O'Brien takes his parting shots, but thanks NBC

Since the turmoil started two weeks ago – when he said in a statement he wouldn't host the show if it was moved back to 12:05 a.m. to make way for a reinstated Jay Leno at 11:35 – O'Brien has mercilessly made fun of NBC and its executives. But on the show Friday he acknowledged his time at the network.

"Between my time at Saturday Night Live, The Late Night Show, and my brief run here on The Tonight Show, I have worked with NBC for over 20 years. Yes, we have our differences right now and yes, we're going to go our separate ways. But this company has been my home for most of my adult life. I am enormously proud of the work we have done together, and I want to thank NBC for making it all possible."

The final show's guests included Tom Hanks, musician Neil Young and actor Will Ferrell, who was O'Brien's guest on his inaugural Tonight Show episode.

No comments:

Blog Archive