Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Ingrid Schumacher out at CHUM FM after 40 years

Ingrid Schumacher, one of Toronto’s longest serving radio personalities, has been terminated from CHUM FM Radio after 40 years there, the Star reports.
Schumacher has confirmed she had been let go last week by the station but said she has been given a severance package and will offer further comment after consulting with her lawyer.
“I wasn’t wrongfully dismissed or anything like that, I didn’t breach my contract, that much I can tell you. I was basically made redundant,” Schumacher told the Star Monday during a telephone interview with the Star's Bruce Demarra.
“All I can say is that I’m hopeful for my future. I’m a glass half-full kind of person and I have a very positive outlook in general in my life . . . I have a clear heart and clear head. Beyond that, I’m excited about what the future may hold for me. There is life after something like this for sure,” she said.

No comments:

Blog Archive