Citing increased responsibilities in the Senate, Pamela Wallin has stepped down as chancellor of the University of Guelph, the school announced Thursday. "Senator Wallin feels that she can no longer devote the time necessary to properly serve as chancellor," the university's president Alastair Summerlee said in a release. The former CBC host and journalist became chancellor of the Ontario school in March 2007. She was elected to a second three-year term in March 2010. She became a senator in 2008 and now chairs the national security and defence committee and also serves as a member of the Senate's foreign affairs and international trade committee, the veterans affairs subcommittee and the special senate committee on anti-terrorism.
Thursday, March 31, 2011
- ► 2018 (78)
- ► 2017 (183)
- ► 2016 (278)
- ► 2015 (321)
- ► 2014 (262)
- ► 2013 (365)
- ► 2012 (644)
- Ford’s office asks city to remove NOW issue with f...
- Harper ‘backing out’of one-on-one debate: Ignatief...
- Pamela Wallin resigns as Guelph university chancel...
- Broadcasters rule out one-on-one debate between Ha...
- Harper challenges Ignatieff to one-on-one debate
- Star claims "most widely read" label but print and...
- Toronto councillor Doug Ford calls Star's reportin...
- Elizabeth May not invited to leaders' TV debate
- One charge dropped against HGTV co-host
- Bell withdraws proposal on usage-based Internet bi...
- Florida reporter confined to closet while Joe Bide...
- New media pundits become part of Washington establ...
- Reuters says two of its journalists are missing in...
- Classic journalism tale "Why Rock the Boat?" publ...
- SCOC to decide whether Internet providers are broa...
- Libyan woman bursts into media hotel to tell jour...
- Winnipeg Sun and City barter for exclusive display...
- APTN: The native network that’s getting a nation’s...
- Katie Couric said to be happier on the road; CBS r...
- Google goes after big media ad dollars with new vi...
- Rogers pays $275,000 penalty for automated calls
- Global TV reporter becomes incoherent on air; "med...
- BBC has trouble seeing across Atlantic
- The ultimate cost saving at the Globe: run copy by...
- New Shaw chief wields axe; 500 employees cut
- Author Nino Ricci takes on the Globe's not-so-funn...
- New media Barbarians breach NYT paywall in hours
- N.Y. Times journalists tell story of capture and r...
- U.S. sports reporter jailed for running prostituti...
- Finalists announced for 2010 National Newspaper Aw...
- Deal reached in CBC-Yukon News court case
- Libya releases four N.Y. Times journalists
- APTN ahead on Carson story; AFN goes ballistic
- Libyan "citizen journalist" killed
- Report: Libya agrees to free NY Times journalists
- Fukushima: Disaster of Distraction?
- Free Press Q4 revenue plummets 6.2%
- New York Times revisits the paywall
- Four New York Times journalists missing in Libya
- Larry Zolf dead at age 76
- St. Joseph Media buys Torontoist
- Ontario's A-G willing to consider cameras in court...
- CNN viewers down 37%, Fox News down 11%
- Are the media fuelling Charlie Sheen's breakdown?
- CRTC refuses bid to widen Internet review
- Chrysler dumps media firm for "F" Twitter
- BBC journalists describe Libya capture ordeal
- NPR in disarray as CEO resigns
- Washington Post columnist David Broder dead at 81
- "Byline with Brian Lilley" on SUN News
- O'Leary censured for "Indian giver" slur
- CRTC punts Bully Beatdown complaint
- CRTC approves BCE takeover of CTV
- SUN NEWS to launch right-leaning service in April
- CRTC forbids Bell, Rogers from cornering content
- For everytHing else there's MasterCard
- "Harper Government" comes under fire
- The ultimate Charlie Sheen exploitation
- George Jonas on errors and retractions
- PMO apologizes for booting media before Ignatieff ...
- Jim Travers, Toronton Star columnist, dead at 62
- Internet 'crucial part' of life: Tony Clement:
- Torstar reports higher profits and revenues
- Gerda hood-winked nearly everyone
- Newspaper carrier censors papers
- Rogers to appeal decision over TV fees
- Robert Reguly,newsman who tracked down Gerta Munsi...
- Gloves are off over wireless airwaves
- ▼ March (68)
- ► 2010 (1055)