Helen Boaden, director of BBC News, and her deputy Stephen Mitchell, stepped aside pending a review of why editors spiked the report last year on Savile, who has been accused of abusing children on BBC premises.
Some BBC staff have cast the 22,000-strong Corporation as a bureaucratic
behemoth where journalistic talent is throttled by incompetent managers, and
opponents - and even some allies - questioned whether it could survive in its
If you want to read more . . .
- ► 2019 (47)
- ► 2018 (137)
- ► 2017 (183)
- ► 2016 (278)
- ► 2015 (321)
- ► 2014 (262)
- ► 2013 (365)
- An inquiry into the culture, practices and ethics ...
- Sun papers to move behind paywall
- Warren Buffet still bullish on newspapers despite ...
- Journalists caught freeloading -- at IKEA. No kidd...
- Ottawa under pressure to sign Internet surveillanc...
- Bomb found under car of Pakistani journalist whom ...
- Britain's Leveson Inquiry issues report
- TSN appoints digital media execs
- Interesting New York Times piece on "in bed with ...
- Profile: Lord Hall, the new BBC director -general
- Tom Haberstroh, Margo Harper fired from CTV
- Online publication fights Gallery strictures
- Media a pivotal player in libel suit against Ford
- BCE and Astral try again for CRTC approval
- The Today Show Goes Female At The Top
- Reporters w/o Borders re attack on Hamas media
- Fearing for the future of journalism
- BCE, Astral said to be ready to announce a new deal
- Canada Year Book felled by the Internet
- Lorrie Goldstein laid off at the Toronto Sun
- Interesting piece in New York's Photo District New...
- Is Warren Buffet getting less bullish on newspapers?
- Radler gets off easy at OSC hearing
- Quebecor’s sweeping job cuts highlight newspaper i...
- Sun TV wants you to start paying for it whether yo...
- TVO's Saturday Night at the Movies bites the dust ...
- Sun Media to cut 500 jobs
- Now BBC news chiefs step aside . . .
- BBC needs radical overhaul, chairman says
- BBC chief resigns over false sex abuse report broa...
- Media fight on the right over GOP
- "Legendary" CBC radio drama studio to close
- Cleveland Plain Dealer staff launch campaign to sa...
- Star launches eRead "Star Dispatches"
- Chief Justice recuses herself re Black decision
- OpenFile bank accounts frozen
- Tom McKee dead at age 76
- Karl Rove questions own decision desk at Fox
- Cogeco founder Henry Audet dead at 94
- Fears Sandy may have cost U.S. media millions
- Bell Media calls it a wrap at Masonic Temple
- British photographer wins $50K Grange Prize
- ▼ November (42)
- ► 2011 (750)
- ► 2010 (1055)