The Globe reports that the Federal Government has launched a website as a counterattack against the country's three major wireless carriers that asks Canadians “are you with us?” in its public spat with BCE Inc., Rogers Communications Inc. and Telus Corp.
Industry Minister James Moore used Twitter to announce the launch of the site – www.consumersfirst.ca, which is the property of the Conservative Party of Canada – to his 15,000-plus followers on Friday, after calling a rival public campaign website launched by the big three, www.Fair4Canada.ca, part of a “dishonest” and “misleading” campaign to skew public debate.
The Globe's story
(Curiously, as noted above, the website is owned by the Conservative Party of Canada. Once upon a time, this would have been fought in newspaper ads.)
- ► 2019 (47)
- ► 2018 (137)
- ► 2017 (183)
- ► 2016 (278)
- ► 2015 (321)
- ► 2014 (262)
- TheScore launches newsroom, upgrades popular mobil...
- CRTC raises flag over ties between Corus, Shaw
- Bell Media president directed CTV, radio stations ...
- How it works between the press and the PMO
- Scuffle results when PMO refuses to let Chinese jo...
- Harrowing tale of a U.S. photographer who escaped ...
- Ontario Press Council to hold public hearings on R...
- Amanda Lindhout book reveals Somalia captivity des...
- Ottawa launches website to counter telecoms' claims
- Roy Bonisteel, long time host of CBC's "Man Alive"...
- San Francisco Chronicle pulls down its paywall
- Baltimore Sun's Jack Germond dead at 85
- Sky News cameraman, Dubai newspaper reporter kille...
- No more free news at star.com as paywall goes up
- Star closes two online biz sites, 15 jobs lost
- Hill Times on journalists vying for seat in Commons
- One-stop spot for TV news channels proposal
- CRTC denies Sun News a spot on basic cable
- ‘A complete and total myth’: Discovery channel und...
- Linda McQuaig becomes third journalist to contest ...
- Amazon founder Bezos buys Washington Post
- NYT takes historic hosing on sale of Boston Globe
- Great piece by The Star's Susan Delacourt comparin...
- The financial romance has gone out of Harlequin as...
- ▼ August (24)
- ► 2012 (644)
- ► 2011 (750)
- ► 2010 (1055)