Nancy Benac of the Associated Press writes:
"The hard-charging editor who guided The Washington Post through its coverage of the Watergate scandal, Ben Bradlee, has died. He was 93.
"The Washington Post reports that Bradlee died at his home Tuesday of natural causes.
"As managing editor first and later as executive editor, the raspy-voiced Bradlee engineered the transformation of the Post from a sleepy hometown paper into a great national one. He brought in a cast of talented journalists and set editorial standards that brought the paper new respect. . ."
Full obit in the Star
- ► 2019 (47)
- ► 2018 (137)
- ► 2017 (183)
- ► 2016 (278)
- ► 2015 (321)
- Halifax Chronicle Herald issues 20 layoff notices
- Rogers and Vice Media create joint venture
- Johathan Kay new editor of The Walrus
- John Tory picks ex-journalist Chris Eby as his chi...
- CBC lands broadcast rights to 2018, 2020 Olympics
- Interviewer Jian Ghomeshi finished at the CBC
- Parliament Hill reporter Mark Dunn dies at 53
- Postmedia loses $50m in fourth quarter
- Anderson Cooper aghast when reporter asks him to t...
- Ben Bradlee, ex-Washington Post editor who led Wat...
- As a court deliberates if Jan Wong owes The Globe ...
- Hockey Night in Canada: How CBC lost it all
- Ottawa seeks use of news footage without permissio...
- Islamic State, murderer of journalists, releases 1...
- CNN plans 1,475 full-time job cuts world-wide
- Postmedia buys Sun papers across Canada
- NBC News freelancer in Africa diagnosed with Ebola...
- New York Times plans cutbacks in newsroom staff
- The unruly media ruffles real estate flunky's feat...
- ▼ October (19)
- ► 2013 (365)
- ► 2012 (644)
- ► 2011 (750)
- ► 2010 (1055)