Mark Dunn, senior national bureau reporter for QMI Agency, has died in Ottawa following a struggle against cancer. died. His death was announced Saturday, October 25, 2014. Mike dun was 53. after a battle with cancer. He was 53. Dunn was born and raised in Ottawa and covered Parliament Hill for QMI Agency and The Canadian Press. He also served in senior communications roles for sitting governments and opposition parties, including a hitch with former Liberal leader Stephane Dion. His wife, Globe and Mail reporter Gloria Galloway, said "I will miss Mark Dunn's passion for Hill politics and having to tell him he'd just written a column from his heart and guts, not a mere story," Sun Media vice-president of editorial Glenn Garnett said. QMI Agency's national bureau chief David Akin wrote, "I will dearly miss Mark's wit, charm and nose for news. He was a leader in our newsroom, a good friend and mentor to our younger reporters, and valued by all for his experience and wise counsel. We are tremendously saddened by his loss." His colleagues took to Twitter Saturday to offer condolences and share memories. CTV news anchor Lisa LaFlamme tweeted, "So deeply sad to learn of Mark Dunn's passing. He made me laugh so often on the campaign trail. Such a memorable man. Thinking of Gloria."
- ► 2017 (109)
- ► 2016 (278)
- ► 2015 (321)
- Halifax Chronicle Herald issues 20 layoff notices
- Rogers and Vice Media create joint venture
- Johathan Kay new editor of The Walrus
- John Tory picks ex-journalist Chris Eby as his chi...
- CBC lands broadcast rights to 2018, 2020 Olympics
- Interviewer Jian Ghomeshi finished at the CBC
- Parliament Hill reporter Mark Dunn dies at 53
- Postmedia loses $50m in fourth quarter
- Anderson Cooper aghast when reporter asks him to t...
- Ben Bradlee, ex-Washington Post editor who led Wat...
- As a court deliberates if Jan Wong owes The Globe ...
- Hockey Night in Canada: How CBC lost it all
- Ottawa seeks use of news footage without permissio...
- Islamic State, murderer of journalists, releases 1...
- CNN plans 1,475 full-time job cuts world-wide
- Postmedia buys Sun papers across Canada
- NBC News freelancer in Africa diagnosed with Ebola...
- New York Times plans cutbacks in newsroom staff
- The unruly media ruffles real estate flunky's feat...
- ▼ October (19)
- ► 2013 (365)
- ► 2012 (644)
- ► 2011 (750)
- ► 2010 (1055)