Excerpt from a CBC interview with Indigenous Services Minister Jane Philpott:
In the last month, Philpott has taken aim at at least four different news stories, including a couple published by CBC News and one from the Postmedia-owned Saskatoon StarPhoenix, in which she called a story by one of that newspaper's columnists "irresponsible reporting."
"When people aren't accurate, or they're sloppy in terms of printing old information or information they haven't fact-checked, I think, as a minister, it's important for me to get the facts out there ... perpetuating myths and misunderstandings about what's taking place in this day and age does a disservice. Communities are thriving, growing, taking on leadership roles and succeeding, we need to tell those stories," she said in a year-end interview with CBC News at her office in Gatineau, Que.
- ► 2019 (47)
- ► 2018 (137)
- Legendary Buffalo news anchor Irv Weinstein has di...
- Jane Philpott warns journalists against 'sloppy' r...
- Canadian TV providers being paid to carry Russian ...
- ESPN president John Skipper resigns to deal with s...
- More staff cuts at CTV
- FCC deep sixes net neutrality rules in the U.S.
- Stephen LeDrew permanently suspended from CityTV
- Globe columnist Gary Mason puzzled by firing of CB...
- Niagara Region Council apologizes for seizing repo...
- PBS announces 'Amanpour' as interim replacement fo...
- Maritime newspaper lovers pay to fly Globe and Mai...
- Stephen LeDrew suspended for a week
- Barrie Mc Kenna claims that CBC’s digital shift is...
- ▼ December (13)
- ► 2016 (278)
- ► 2015 (321)
- ► 2014 (262)
- ► 2013 (365)
- ► 2012 (644)
- ► 2011 (750)
- ► 2010 (1055)