Readers will pay $9.50 to pick up the Globe & Mail's Saturday edition, after it's flown from Toronto, the CBC reports.
More than 200 people in Halifax have agreed to pay for a copy of the Globe and Mail's Saturday edition to be loaded on a plane and flown for same-day delivery in Halifax. In August, the Globe announced it would no longer distribute to New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island or Nova Scotia. Distribution stopped to Newfoundland and Labrador in 2013.
The newspaper has promised to invest in East Coast content which would be available online, but that's not good enough for many hard-copy readers.
Link to CBC story
- ► 2019 (47)
- ► 2018 (137)
- Legendary Buffalo news anchor Irv Weinstein has died
- Jane Philpott warns journalists against 'sloppy' r...
- Canadian TV providers being paid to carry Russian ...
- ESPN president John Skipper resigns to deal with s...
- More staff cuts at CTV
- FCC deep sixes net neutrality rules in the U.S.
- Stephen LeDrew permanently suspended from CityTV
- Globe columnist Gary Mason puzzled by firing of CB...
- Niagara Region Council apologizes for seizing repo...
- PBS announces 'Amanpour' as interim replacement fo...
- Maritime newspaper lovers pay to fly Globe and Mai...
- Stephen LeDrew suspended for a week
- Barrie Mc Kenna claims that CBC’s digital shift is...
- ▼ December (13)
- ► 2016 (278)
- ► 2015 (321)
- ► 2014 (262)
- ► 2013 (365)
- ► 2012 (644)
- ► 2011 (750)
- ► 2010 (1055)