As the Sun's Joe Warmington describes in his imitable prose:
"Stephen LeDrew was so sure he would be back on his popular CP24 Live at Noon show he had two special guests lined up for the day of his return following a one-week suspension.
"TTC boss Andy Byford and former foreign affairs minister Peter MacKay were booked. LeDrew had his coloured glasses and bow tie picked out.
The comeback didn’t happen. Instead, the former Toronto mayoral candidate said he was called into an office where “people were snarling at me.” It turns out the suspension for his appearance on Tucker Carlson’s FOX News program is not the only punishment.
“'I was fired,' said LeDrew. 'Fired for cause for violating our competition clause. Merry Christmas.'”
- ► 2019 (47)
- ► 2018 (137)
- Legendary Buffalo news anchor Irv Weinstein has di...
- Jane Philpott warns journalists against 'sloppy' r...
- Canadian TV providers being paid to carry Russian ...
- ESPN president John Skipper resigns to deal with s...
- More staff cuts at CTV
- FCC deep sixes net neutrality rules in the U.S.
- Stephen LeDrew permanently suspended from CityTV
- Globe columnist Gary Mason puzzled by firing of CB...
- Niagara Region Council apologizes for seizing repo...
- PBS announces 'Amanpour' as interim replacement fo...
- Maritime newspaper lovers pay to fly Globe and Mai...
- Stephen LeDrew suspended for a week
- Barrie Mc Kenna claims that CBC’s digital shift is...
- ▼ December (13)
- ► 2016 (278)
- ► 2015 (321)
- ► 2014 (262)
- ► 2013 (365)
- ► 2012 (644)
- ► 2011 (750)
- ► 2010 (1055)