Monday, December 18, 2017
More staff cuts at CTV
A news release from Unifor, the union which represents on-air and broadcasting technicians at 17 local CTV stations, says that CTV Toronto sports reporting figures Joe Tilley and Lance Brown are among those laid off in a series of job cuts. Unifor says that as many as 50 jobs have been cut at 15 television stations across Canada. So far as is known, Bell Media has not yet announced or commented on this. The South Bayview Bulldog requested confirmation Thursday but has not had an answer. Others laid off according to Unifor are Ottawa CTV 2 hosts Melissa Lamb and Lianne Laing and BNN host Michael Kane. The union is critical of the Canadian Radio-Television and Telecommunications Commission for granting Bell a five-year licence renewal in May of 2017 without requiring conditions related to what it calls “local presence.” (South Bayview Bulldog)
- ► 2019 (47)
- ► 2018 (137)
- Legendary Buffalo news anchor Irv Weinstein has di...
- Jane Philpott warns journalists against 'sloppy' r...
- Canadian TV providers being paid to carry Russian ...
- ESPN president John Skipper resigns to deal with s...
- More staff cuts at CTV
- FCC deep sixes net neutrality rules in the U.S.
- Stephen LeDrew permanently suspended from CityTV
- Globe columnist Gary Mason puzzled by firing of CB...
- Niagara Region Council apologizes for seizing repo...
- PBS announces 'Amanpour' as interim replacement fo...
- Maritime newspaper lovers pay to fly Globe and Mai...
- Stephen LeDrew suspended for a week
- Barrie Mc Kenna claims that CBC’s digital shift is...
- ▼ December (13)
- ► 2016 (278)
- ► 2015 (321)
- ► 2014 (262)
- ► 2013 (365)
- ► 2012 (644)
- ► 2011 (750)
- ► 2010 (1055)