Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Ignatieff joins Writers' Union of Canada


With the issue of copyright reform at the forefront of the federal government's agenda once again, the Writers' Union of Canada has scored a major coup by enlisting Liberal Leader Michael Ignatieff as its newest member.

“I've been a working writer since I got out of university and earned my living as a freelance writer for 18 years with no other visible means of support than my word processor, so I have a strong identification with the struggles of writers,” said Ignatieff, who has been a member of the union in the past. “I've lapsed, and I've signed up again,” he told The Globe and Mail.

Ignatieff is the author of 17 books, most recently True Patriot Love , a short history of four generations of the Grants, his mother's family.

No comments:

Blog Archive