CTV Toronto will announce the replacement for Christine Bentley on Monday, the company says. The much-liked Bentley has announced her retirement and Friday was her last day. Those guessing who might get the nod for the early evening anchor slot have many capable local news reporter/anchors to consider. Left, Tamara Cherry, a bright and young reporter who broke into her craft at the Toronto Star and the Toronto Sun. Centre, Michelle Dube is a Franshawe College graduate who found her way to CTV by way of Hamilton's CHCH. Right, the durable and capable Andria Case is a CTV Toronto veteran who knows the role well. Of course, exercises like this are more like parlour games than the slightest glimpse into the minds of the Bell pashas who have mad the decision. They may parachute a surprise personality into the chair. No need to say that Monday's early evening news will be well-watched.
- ► 2019 (47)
- ► 2018 (137)
- ► 2017 (183)
- ► 2016 (278)
- ► 2015 (321)
- ► 2014 (262)
- ► 2013 (365)
- Ex-NY Times publisher Arthur Ochs Sulzberger dies
- Old fashioned newspaper war looming in New Orleans
- Fox News apologizes after live car chase ends with...
- Eric Morrison named Sun Media’s new vice president...
- Terence Corcoran's sane comment on the Margaret We...
- J.K. Rowling alienates media as the launches first...
- National Newspaper Awards to welcome submissions f...
- Globe's Margaret Wente accused of plagiarism
- NBC backs down on program on murdered teen
- BBC and reporter apologize to Queen
- Margaret Wente dismisses plagiarism complaint
- Dan Bjarnason recalls Henry Champ
- Henry Champ dead at age 75
- Vancouver Sun history in the paper's 100th year
- News orgs scan the not-for-profit landscape
- I Love Lucy set to spin even more money on Netflix
- James Murdoch to run Fox Networks Group
- The New York Times bans quote approval
- Reporters ordered to stay off Don Bosco property w...
- Television ads produced by US Embassy condemn anti...
- Israel's one-time largest newspaper Maariv is sold...
- French magazine runs cartoons that mock Muhammad
- 52% of us "indifferent" to NHL lockout: Survey
- Video uncovered by Jimmy Carter's grandson may sin...
- British fashion photog falls out of window at Fash...
- Topless Kate photos draw injunction from French court
- Didn't get your Globe today? "Mechanical problems,...
- Michelle Dubé named Co-Anchor at CTV Toronto
- Mayor Ford slams media on his radio show
- Publisher offers 'deepest apologies' for publishin...
- Who will replace Christine Bentley on CTV Toronto'...
- A journalist with rare access to Obama had to clea...
- CBC challenges BCE-Astral deal
- Competition Bureau sues Rogers, Bell, Telus $10M e...
- Royals suing for ‘grotesque’ breach of privacy aft...
- Topless Kate Middleton photos in French mag upset ...
- Liberty Media about to take control of Sirius
- Christine Bentley to retire from CTV News
- No questions on missing VP from Chinese media
- Toronto radio licence goes to the little guy
- Wrestling commentator has heart attack on air
- Bell pitches Netflix-like streaming service to CRTC
- Bell Media hearing a drama worth watching
- CRTC tests Bell/Astral deal for market share
- USA Today plans major relaunch and new logo
- Amazon stirs up tablet price war with Apple
- CBC looking for new ombudsman
- Tom Brokaw rushed to hospital because he felt ligh...
- Television stations could start using drones to co...
- Canadian Screen Awards to replace Genies, Geminis
- Audience share data cloud BCE’s Astral bid
- Canadians spent more time watching TV, listening t...
- Longtime CBC broadcaster Bob Johnstone dead at 82
- Political conventions soar on social media, while ...
- Egypt's veiled presenter in breakthrough TV appear...
- Political campaign reporters are behind the curve
- Obama still ‘a huge Clint Eastwood fan’ after ribbing
- How Bravo went from highbrow docs to ‘Dallas’
- ▼ September (58)
- ► 2011 (750)
- ► 2010 (1055)