The 35-year-old stepson of famed Calgary sportscaster Bill Powers has been charged with second-degree murder in connection with the deaths of Powers and his wife, Donna Lee.
Officers discovered their bodies early Thursday in the couple’s Braeside bungalow. Police haven’t released the identities of the dead, but family and friends confirm they are Bill and Donna Lee Powers.
Police announced Friday morning they’d charged Derek Puffer with two counts of second-degree murder in connection with the deaths.
- ► 2019 (47)
- ► 2018 (137)
- ► 2017 (183)
- ► 2016 (278)
- ► 2015 (321)
- ► 2014 (262)
- CFRB moving to Queen St. W. after 50 years at Yong...
- Freedom to photograph under threat
- Journalist Chrystia Freeland to seek Liberal nomin...
- Todd Shapiro gone from Dean Blundell Show
- Ad campaigns based on Prince George's birth
- Royal baby: Was global coverage over the top?
- There are a million angles to Big Royal Baby Story
- CBC rejects ad critical of Harper government’s inf...
- Epoch Times says Star bundling communism
- Former WH reporter Helen Thomas dead at 92
- Rolling Stone’s Tsarnaev cover is great journalism...
- Gina Mallet, restaurant critic, dead at 75
- Man who posted murder video on his website granted...
- The gift that keeps on giving: Duffy and Senate sc...
- If Harper wants to be heard, he goes to YouTube or...
- Sun Media closing 11 papers, cutting 360 jobs
- Toronto Sun editor stepping down
- Somalia raises minimum journalist age to 40
- TV station sued over use of racially offensive nam...
- Who breaks news first: Media or Twitter?
- TV going to the dogs?
- Egyptian videographer captures his own death when ...
- Microsoft to close down MSN TV
- Globe says it took action against Wong "on princip...
- Stepson charged in connection to murders of famed ...
- Jan Wong ordered to repay Globe separation payment
- One-time anchor of The National may be out of Harp...
- Conservatives planned to reimburse Senator Mike Du...
- Elliot Lake Standard selling building --a microcos...
- Telecom giants challenge CRTC code of conduct
- Crown gets two months to provide vetted copy of se...
- Rob Ford scandal prompts court fight over drug, gu...
- Ex-BBC chief faces questions on payoffs
- ▼ July (33)
- ► 2012 (644)
- ► 2011 (750)
- ► 2010 (1055)