Donald Trump scolded media big shots during an off-the-record Trump Tower sitdown on Monday, sources told The New York Post.
“It was like a f–ing firing squad,” one source said of the encounter.
“Trump started with [CNN chief] Jeff Zucker and said ‘I hate your network, everyone at CNN is a liar and you should be ashamed,’ ” the source said.
“The meeting was a total disaster. The TV execs and anchors went in there thinking they would be discussing the access they would get to the Trump administration, but instead they got a Trump-style dressing down,” the source added.
A second source confirmed the fireworks.
- ► 2018 (78)
- ► 2017 (183)
- Revolution at The Washington Post - a must read!
- Tom Clark to leave Gobal and maybe retire?
- CBC asks for $400M more in funding to go ad-free
- FinPost reports layoffs at Huffington Post
- NatPost gearing up to go digital only - iPolitics
- Postmedia executives receive $2.3-million in reten...
- Former CBC producers and execs calling for ad free...
- Ontario court sides with Bell in dispute over VMed...
- Donald Trump’s media summit was a ‘f—ing firing sq...
- Alison Smith hosts new foreign affairs show on CPA...
- Shomi shutdown under fire by CRTC chief
- Ottawa pressed to curb CBC’s growing digital prese...
- Mike Bullard charged with criminal harassment
- Canadian abandoning cable TV in record numbers
- Trump bucks protocol on press access
- Erin Davis announces retirement after nearly 30 ye...
- The war against the media will go on past the U.S,...
- Rolling Stone guilty of libel in campus rape story...
- CNN gets big boost in Canada from election coverag...
- Superbowl ruling will cost Bell one-third of adver...
- Torstar posts profit, ad revenue declines continue...
- UN offers The Rebel press accreditation for climat...
- ▼ November (22)
- ► 2015 (321)
- ► 2014 (262)
- ► 2013 (365)
- ► 2012 (644)
- ► 2011 (750)
- ► 2010 (1055)