Postmedia today announced the appointment of Anne Marie Owens to the position of Editor of the National Post, the first woman to hold the top editorial spot at a Canadian national newspaper. She will report to Gerry Nott, Senior Vice President, National Post.
Ms. Owens began her career at the St. Catharines Standard. She was on the inaugural team of National Post reporters beginning before its launch in 1998. She joined the Post as a national reporter and held successive posts as News Features Editor, Assistant Managing Editor and Managing Editor of News.
Ms. Owens returns to the Post after spending the past three years as Deputy Editor of Maclean's magazine, where she helped oversee every aspect of the operation at the national news weekly, including, most recently, its website redesign and re-engineering the production of its tablet edition.
- ► 2017 (165)
- ► 2016 (278)
- ► 2015 (321)
- Millennials quitting live TV
- Remember Arthur Kent, the "Scud Stud?" He is still...
- Anne Marie Owens named editor of National Post
- Knowlton Nash dead at 86
- French photographers take to the walls to display ...
- Jill Abramson forced out as New York Times executi...
- Pippa Middleton axed as national newspaper columni...
- TTC police shut down Tim Hudak's photo-op on Toron...
- CBC's Alison Smith, Nancy Wilson announce retireme...
- Linden MacIntyre to leave CBC's the fifth estate
- Torstar posts $7M profit as reporters at the Toron...
- Editors at Le Monde newspaper quit en masse
- Byline strike at Toronto Star
- Walrus unpaid interns are back — with pay
- On press freedom day, Egypt extends Canadian journ...
- Torstar sells Harlequin to News Corp. for $455M
- John Cruikshank becomes chair of Canadian Journali...
- Globe paid drug dealer $10,000 for 3 pictures
- ▼ May (18)
- ► 2013 (365)
- ► 2012 (644)
- ► 2011 (750)
- ► 2010 (1055)