Pippa Middleton, sister of the Duchess of Cambridge, was hired by the Daily Telegraph six months ago, however the Daily Express reports that her contract will not be renewed after her Sport and Social column was labelled "silly and boring" by readers.
Middleton used her weekly newspaper space to write about a number of antics, including chuckling, boxing and cooking pasta.
However readers weren't impressed, with a source revealing yesterday that things were up in the air about her contract being renewed.
"It's fair to day reader reaction to Pippa's writing wasn't great," the source said.
"There were also a few issues with deciding what topics Pippa should and shouldn't write about."
Confirming her contract had come to an end after six months, a Telegraph spokeswoman said: "The column was great. Pipp Middleton is a professional freelance writer and has gone on to do other things for other publications."
Earlier this year it was claimed her US book publisher Viking Press decided to let her go after her debut offering, party-planning tome Celebrate, reportedly sold just 18,000 copies.
Pippa currently writes for Waitrose and Vanity Fair.
- ► 2017 (183)
- ► 2016 (278)
- ► 2015 (321)
- Millennials quitting live TV
- Remember Arthur Kent, the "Scud Stud?" He is still...
- Anne Marie Owens named editor of National Post
- Knowlton Nash dead at 86
- French photographers take to the walls to display ...
- Jill Abramson forced out as New York Times executi...
- Pippa Middleton axed as national newspaper columni...
- TTC police shut down Tim Hudak's photo-op on Toron...
- CBC's Alison Smith, Nancy Wilson announce retireme...
- Linden MacIntyre to leave CBC's the fifth estate
- Torstar posts $7M profit as reporters at the Toron...
- Editors at Le Monde newspaper quit en masse
- Byline strike at Toronto Star
- Walrus unpaid interns are back — with pay
- On press freedom day, Egypt extends Canadian journ...
- Torstar sells Harlequin to News Corp. for $455M
- John Cruikshank becomes chair of Canadian Journali...
- Globe paid drug dealer $10,000 for 3 pictures
- ▼ May (18)
- ► 2013 (365)
- ► 2012 (644)
- ► 2011 (750)
- ► 2010 (1055)