The Globe and Mail is said to have paid $10,000 for three still pictures of Mayor Ford allegedly smoking crack cocaine in the basement of his sister's home early Saturday morning. Greg McArthur, a Globe reporter, told CP24 that the video was sourced through connections of the newly-hired Robyn Doolittle. Ms. Doolittle was previously a reporter at the Toronto Star where she worked with on the first Ford crack video revelation. It appears that, as at the Star, Ms. Doolittle is working in a team, as efficiency and security might suggest is sensible. McArthur spoke of how his partner obtained a phone call from a drug dealer to say there were videos for sale. She and McArthur arranged a meeting. Ms. Doolittle, said McArthur, had to sit in his child's car seat as they drove to the meeting. At the meeting there was much discussion, a viewing of sorts and a transactional back and forth about a sale price of "six figures" for the tapes. In the end, it was agreed that the newspaper would pay $10,000 for three still shots and in a subsequent meeting this amount was exchanged. Presumably it was in cash but McArthur did not say that nor was he asked. He seemed to suggest that there are many leads in this field being pursued by he and Ms. Doolittle.
- ► 2017 (108)
- ► 2016 (278)
- ► 2015 (321)
- Millennials quitting live TV
- Remember Arthur Kent, the "Scud Stud?" He is still...
- Anne Marie Owens named editor of National Post
- Knowlton Nash dead at 86
- French photographers take to the walls to display ...
- Jill Abramson forced out as New York Times executi...
- Pippa Middleton axed as national newspaper columni...
- TTC police shut down Tim Hudak's photo-op on Toron...
- CBC's Alison Smith, Nancy Wilson announce retireme...
- Linden MacIntyre to leave CBC's the fifth estate
- Torstar posts $7M profit as reporters at the Toron...
- Editors at Le Monde newspaper quit en masse
- Byline strike at Toronto Star
- Walrus unpaid interns are back — with pay
- On press freedom day, Egypt extends Canadian journ...
- Torstar sells Harlequin to News Corp. for $455M
- John Cruikshank becomes chair of Canadian Journali...
- Globe paid drug dealer $10,000 for 3 pictures
- ▼ May (18)
- ► 2013 (365)
- ► 2012 (644)
- ► 2011 (750)
- ► 2010 (1055)