A former television news correspondent known as the Scud Stud says he feels vindicated by the suspension of a prominent lawyer who has admitted she leaked damaging information about him while he was running for a seat in the Alberta legislature in 2008.
The Law Society of Alberta confirms Kristine Robidoux of Calgary, who was a member of Arthur Kent's campaign team when he unsuccessfully ran for the provincial Progressive Conservatives, has been suspended for four months for disclosing confidential information about her client.
Kent suffered a narrow defeat after a piece by Canwest columnist Don Martin. The headline, according to the agreed facts, was "Alberta's 'Scud Stud' a 'Dud' on Campaign Trail" and the column was based in part on information provided by Robidoux, who was unnamed in the article.
For those too young to remember -- Kent rose to international prominence and acquired his nickname when he reported for NBC during the 1991 Persian Gulf War. He often went live on the air from a hotel rooftop as Iraqi Scud missiles were launched into Saudi Arabia. In 2008, he was a star candidate for the provincial Tories in the constituency of Calgary-Currie.
The full CP story
- ► 2017 (183)
- ► 2016 (278)
- ► 2015 (321)
- Millennials quitting live TV
- Remember Arthur Kent, the "Scud Stud?" He is still...
- Anne Marie Owens named editor of National Post
- Knowlton Nash dead at 86
- French photographers take to the walls to display ...
- Jill Abramson forced out as New York Times executi...
- Pippa Middleton axed as national newspaper columni...
- TTC police shut down Tim Hudak's photo-op on Toron...
- CBC's Alison Smith, Nancy Wilson announce retireme...
- Linden MacIntyre to leave CBC's the fifth estate
- Torstar posts $7M profit as reporters at the Toron...
- Editors at Le Monde newspaper quit en masse
- Byline strike at Toronto Star
- Walrus unpaid interns are back — with pay
- On press freedom day, Egypt extends Canadian journ...
- Torstar sells Harlequin to News Corp. for $455M
- John Cruikshank becomes chair of Canadian Journali...
- Globe paid drug dealer $10,000 for 3 pictures
- ▼ May (18)
- ► 2013 (365)
- ► 2012 (644)
- ► 2011 (750)
- ► 2010 (1055)