Friday, June 24, 2011
An Apple branded television set could be arriving in 2012 according to Piper Jaffray analyst Gene Munster. He has been talking about the possibility of this new Apple TV product since 2009, and he thinks that it is finally happening now. The introduction of iCloud will make it easier to share content among several iOS devices: "At first the only media iCloud will store is music and pictures" explained Munster, "but we believe that Apple may add movies and TV shows purchased or rented in iTunes to the iCloud service, which could be viewed on a TV." Apple has recently applied for patents that involve recording and browsing television, broadcast menus, a TV version of the dock overlay we see on Macs, and other DVRs
- ► 2019 (47)
- ► 2018 (137)
- ► 2017 (183)
- ► 2016 (278)
- ► 2015 (321)
- ► 2014 (262)
- ► 2013 (365)
- ► 2012 (644)
- OWL survives in a challenged magazine world
- Shaw cancels plans to launch sports network; repor...
- Confidence In TV News and Newspapers (Slightly) Up...
- The perils of reality TV: Is an election candidate...
- Sun News interview with dancer drew record complai...
- Slate magazine quarrels with author's analysis of ...
- Israel rescinds threat to reporters on flotilla
- CNN Sportscaster Nick Charles Dies
- CTV Toronto, CP 24 among RTNDA award winners
- Is the N.Y. Times taking itself too seriously in t...
- Star's public editor on unpaid "internships"
- Former Sportsnet host files human rights complaint...
- Conrad Black sentenced to 13 more months
- ‘Dragons’ Den’ star Kevin O’Leary accused of ‘enco...
- Apple planning "Apple branded" TV next year: Analy...
- CHCH morning show to begin at 4 am
- Gannett cuts 700 jobs across Midwest
- Olbermann beats Spitzer for young demo
- BCE says any ban on exclusivity ‘preposterous’
- Barnes & Noble Loss in Digital Books
- Rogers upset by "Wild West" of new media
- Billboard to tell drivers what music is playing
- Vertical vertigo in Hull
- Student's prom dress made of old newspapers
- The America’s Cup, Translated for Television
- Kissing couple tell story to the CBC
- Lovers kiss off New York media offers
- Painful re-telilng of a painful prediction
- Only in Argentina -- media heirs forced give DNA
- Media on the hunt for Vancouver riots hero
- Rogers names Whyte to head publishing unit
- Lloyd Robertson to release memoir in fall 2012
- CBC prepares to defend its finances
- Damascus hoax shows how easy it is to manipulate n...
- Australia's largest newspaper publisher refuses to...
- Fifth Estate wins Michener award for Ashley Smith ...
- HuffPost review: Page One -- Inside the New York T...
- Conservatives 'lay track' to attack media, real op...
- Facebook use drops in Canada, U.S.
- CRTC chief talks legislation for services such as ...
- Billionaire Russian immigrant buys 20 per cent sta...
- Montreal-based Reuters photog, Shaun Best, dead at...
- The Internet is killing local news, U.S. regulato...
- Scottish newspapers in crisis just when they are n...
- MoneySense named Magazine of the Year (print) at N...
- Rogers to launch Sportsnet magazine
- Huffington Post trumps NY Times’ web traffic
- Texas body hoax -- the lofty Euro view
- Officer who bullied reporter to be docked pay
- Toronto Star to buy online beauty magazine The Kit...
- News of the World apologises to Sienna Miller
- Robertson to anchor last CTV newscast Sept. 1
- Apple upset that AP is working on Jobs obit
- iPad Daily:"Nobody Knows Anything"
- Is the war on drugs really a war on journalists?
- L.A. Times columnist comments on the task ahead to...
- The New York Times appoints first woman editor
- TV broadcasters return to profitability but employ...
- Christie Blatchford jumps back to National Post
- Quebecor to launch all-sports channel this fall
- ▼ June (60)
- ► 2010 (1055)