Marc Strange, writer and actor, best known as the co-creator of the long-running CBC smash-hit drama The Beachcombers, has died of cancer. He was 70 years old.
He was was born on July 24, 1941 in Vankleek Hill, Ont., near Ottawa.
- ► 2017 (183)
- ► 2016 (278)
- ► 2015 (321)
- ► 2014 (262)
- ► 2013 (365)
- Liberty Media out to control Sirius-XM
- Shaw to start Noon News in Toronto.
- Star brings Hollywood treatment to City Hall beat
- Postmedia takes days off in four cities
- "Roadkill every 30 minutes on the ones"
- Warrren Buffet Local News 101
- Ownership rules bad for papers: Paul Godfrey
- Romanian weatherman fakes a windstorm
- Astral shareholders approve sale to BCE but block ...
- New Orleans paper said to face staff cuts, may cut...
- Piers Morgan accused again on hacking
- White House gave Hollywood filmmaker access to tea...
- Lawsuits and subpoenas add to Facebook IPO fiasco
- Huffington Post gets its first publisher amid broa...
- Inventor of wireless TV remote control dies at 96
- Few new media professionals consider advertising o...
- Chicago police accused of targeting journalists co...
- Facebook shares fall sharply
- Marc Strange, creator of CBC hit The Beachcombers,...
- Facebook and Twitter postings cost CFO his job
- Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg marries one day a...
- Facebook suit over subscriber tracking seeks $15 B...
- Buffett snaps up 63 newspapers for $142-million
- Howard Dean fender-bump during phone-in
- Search for Dean for Humber Media Studies
- Margaret Wente on journalism non-jobs
- Rebekah Brooks to face criminal charge
- Larry Kramer named publisher of USA Today
- BCE hit with lawsuit over pre-pay expiry
- Time cover a disservice to 3-year-old boy
- Cabinet secretary says U-K PM too close to media
- Ken Gallinger's "subscriptions" article
- 1923 Leica camera sold for $2 million
- Star thinks "freeloaders" should buy subscription
- Outside media seeping into N. Korea
- Vietnam-era camera giant Horst Faas dead
- Texas reporter fired for stripping sues
- Globe and Mail readers thrash paying for online co...
- Globe and Mail seeks cost savings through temporar...
- Arnaud Maggs wins $50,000 Scotiabank Photography A...
- Newspapers seek new savings as digital ad sales sl...
- No charges against "peering" reporter
- Broadcasters ordered to dial down TV ad volume
- Sun News Network bolstered by $3-million cash boos...
- CBC sends 14 executives to Banff festival
- Big launch for Jan Wong's self-published book afte...
- Postmedia to shed 25 jobs, signs back up with Cana...
- Ottawa insider seen as candidate for CRTC chair
- CBC moves to find tenants for extra space in Toron...
- Jan Wong self-publishes "Out of the Blue," a memoi...
- Interesting roundup of opinions on tablets as new...
- Want a less gushy story on Conrad's release? -- ta...
- AP apologizes for firing journalist who broke emba...
- Black, Amiel share tender moment in garden
- Exclaim's owner is underground we exclaim !#&@
- Former press baron Conrad Black home from U.S. pri...
- BCE profit jumps 14%, driven by strength in wirele...
- The mayor, the media and the tussle over turf
- Encounter between Mayor Ford and reporter
- CBC issues redundancy notice to senior legal couns...
- CNN Lowest-Rated Month In More Than A Decade
- Genies and Geminis to be combined
- Walrus, ROB lead magazine nominations
- Phone-hacking panel slams Rupert Murdoch as unfit
- Conrad Black to be allowed back into Canada after ...
- CBC not renewing Jeopardy!, Wheel of Fortune
- CBC’s Scott Oake shares story of his son’s fatal a...
- ▼ May (67)
- ► 2011 (750)
- ► 2010 (1055)