CTV Vancouver Island news anchor Andrew Johnson blundered into an embarrassing gaffe when he suggested -- on the air -- that he and his fellow employee, weather host Astrid Braunschmidt, would have a little canoodle after the program. Ms. Braumschmidt's good-natured but firm response that they would be doing no such thing, tipped him off to his improper use of canoodle. The old-fashioned word is a verb and means to kiss and hug amorously. The embarrased Burgundy said he thought it meant to chat.
- ► 2019 (47)
- ► 2018 (137)
- ► 2017 (183)
- ► 2016 (278)
- ► 2015 (321)
- ► 2014 (262)
- ► 2013 (365)
- Rules barring loud TV ads go into effect Saturday
- Toronto film fest concerned over missing Syrian fi...
- Sun Media sues cops over raid on reporter's home
- Malcolm Browne, AP Vietnam correspondent
- After Samsung, will Apple now sue Google
- Score Media takeover to boost tech-savvy viewers?
- Elizabeth Murdoch attacks News Corp values
- Anchor's canoodle gaffe an Internet favorite
- Rogers Communications to acquire Score Media
- Former journalist, Senator Joyce Fairbairn, suffer...
- Murdoch's Sun defies royals, prints naked Harry pics
- Globe ME David Walmsley leaves for CBC
- Scandal-loving British media shy from naked Prince...
- Donkeys used as WiFi hotspots to add web surfing t...
- China’s state-run news agency being used to monito...
- Four Postmedia papers launch paywalls
- At rural newspapers, some publishers still resist ...
- Canadian Association of Journalists Montreal chapt...
- Star reporter makes grisly discovery in Scarboroug...
- Ramadan TV Gently Pushes Saudi Boundaries
- Myanmar ends direct media censorship
- WikiLeaks founder speaks from embassy balcony to a...
- Paul Godfrey: Rewriting a dire news story
- The story of the other Black
- Aggressive China media moves into Africa
- Latest shot at Bell-Astral deal comes from j-prof
- National Post will move to Greenwin Square
- Fareed Zakaria Didn’t Plagiarize!
- Mark Towlhey is mayor's new chief of staff
- "F-bomb, sexting , flexitarian, life coach"
- Natalie Stechyson wins Michelle Lang Fellowship
- Fareed Zakaria admits to plagiarism
- Olympians remember late Randy Starkman
- Google's search engine becomes new antipiracy weapon
- Pioneer of television celebrates turning 100
- Quebecor's Q2 profits hurt by weak newspaper adver...
- Pulse Newsreader Now Available on the Web
- Hillarious column by the Globe's Russell Smith
- Anti Bell-Astral takeover web page now working
- CBC filming Jack Layton movie
- N.Y. Times photog arrested on assignment in the Bronx
- Cogeco, Eastlink, Quebecor launch campaign against...
- Apple won’t include YouTube app in new mobile soft...
- Olympic coverage earns mixed reviews at halfway mark
- Who says newspapers are dead?
- The battle for Olympic information between new and...
- Is that an ad or a news story – and does it matter?
- Facebook says 83 million accounts may be fake
- What will CNN do to hold viewers?
- CBC pays unknown sum to air 2014, 2018 games
- Attack on Mexico paper ups plan to intimidate
- ▼ August (51)
- ► 2011 (750)
- ► 2010 (1055)