Jim Lehrer may be regretting his decision to come out of semi-retirement and moderate his 12th presidential debate.
The veteran PBS anchor drew caustic social media reviews for his
performance on Wednesday, with critics saying he failed to keep control
of the campaign’s first direct exchange between President Barack Obama
and Republican Mitt Romney. The candidates talked over Lehrer’s attempts
to keep them to time limitations, and his open-ended questions
frequently lacked sharpness.
The tough assessments crossed party lines: Republican commentator
Laura Ingraham wrote on Twitter that Lehrer seemed “a bit overwhelmed.”
Comic and Democratic activist Bill Maher bluntly tweeted that “Lehrer
- ► 2019 (47)
- ► 2018 (137)
- ► 2017 (183)
- ► 2016 (278)
- ► 2015 (321)
- ► 2014 (262)
- ► 2013 (365)
- Industry minister rules out Bell-Astral merger role
- The Globe and Mail's paywall is here. Can it succe...
- Newspaper Circulation: Wall Street Journal leads, ...
- Penguin, Random House merge to create world’s larg...
- Toronto Star to launch digital subscription
- Greek journalist to appear in court for publishing...
- N.Y. Times reaches tentative deal with Newspaper G...
- Record-low television ratings for Game 2 of World ...
- Shaw, Corus downplay merger speculation amid BCE-A...
- Conrad Black never gives up; brushes off fraud con...
- McGAW, John (Jack) Howard David
- Clark Kent quits Planet to become a blogger
- Douglas & MacIntyre publishers in bankruptcy
- Professor accused of "self-plagiarizing"
- Press Freedom: What's happening in Turkey?
- Media sector feels the fallout of CRTC ruling
- Veteran journalist William (Bill) Stevenson publis...
- Murdoch looks at buying the LA Times
- Election night 1968 -- how they used to do it
- CRTC pulls the plug on BCE’s national strategy
- Long-Time CTV host Jack McGaw has died
- Newsweek gone digital, The Guardian on edge
- Lloyd Robertson memoir recounts painful youth, CBC...
- Rupert Murdoch survives new bid to oust him from N...
- Crime reporter Jim Junkin joins City-TV
- Star story on Globe and Mail's paid online service...
- Globe and Mail's John Doyle's advice for the CBC p...
- The Globe to roll out metered paywall
- Former CTV Ottawa anchor Max Keeping diagnosed wit...
- BBC announces inquiry into sex abuse allegations a...
- Television is a winner in US presidential election
- Toronto, Rogers TV launch new City Insider TV show
- Show biz mag Variety's new owner impresses employees
- CBC Music losing millions as content costs surpass...
- CRTC asks for opinions on wireless service code
- Carol Goar honoured by human rights group
- NYT and Guild Agree to Hire a Mediator
- What a KISS! She lies about rape to win $10,000
- Legal counsel to CBC, Roman Melnyk dead
- Blogger calls iconic WW II photo ‘sexual assault’
- Bam, kapow, wham. Media gives Romney TKO
- Moderator Jim Lehrer the big loser after last nigh...
- TV anchor blasts viewer who criticizes her weight,...
- OpenFile suspends publication to prepare for upcom...
- The $50,000 Giller Prize short list announced
- ▼ October (45)
- ► 2011 (750)
- ► 2010 (1055)