What's self-plagiarism? Is like re-cycling or re-purposing? How seriously should anyone take it? If the case of University of Toronto researcher Stephen Mathews is to be believed, it's a "severe abuse of the scientific publishing system." Stephens and a couple of colleagues are accused of re-using stuff they wrote in 2005 documents as part of current published work. The scientific journal Neuroscience and Biobehavioral Reviews has published a prominent retraction of certain of Stephens work. Vancouver Sun
- ► 2019 (47)
- ► 2018 (137)
- ► 2017 (183)
- ► 2016 (278)
- ► 2015 (321)
- ► 2014 (262)
- ► 2013 (365)
- Industry minister rules out Bell-Astral merger role
- The Globe and Mail's paywall is here. Can it succe...
- Newspaper Circulation: Wall Street Journal leads, ...
- Penguin, Random House merge to create world’s larg...
- Toronto Star to launch digital subscription
- Greek journalist to appear in court for publishing...
- N.Y. Times reaches tentative deal with Newspaper G...
- Record-low television ratings for Game 2 of World ...
- Shaw, Corus downplay merger speculation amid BCE-A...
- Conrad Black never gives up; brushes off fraud con...
- McGAW, John (Jack) Howard David
- Clark Kent quits Planet to become a blogger
- Douglas & MacIntyre publishers in bankruptcy
- Professor accused of "self-plagiarizing"
- Press Freedom: What's happening in Turkey?
- Media sector feels the fallout of CRTC ruling
- Veteran journalist William (Bill) Stevenson publis...
- Murdoch looks at buying the LA Times
- Election night 1968 -- how they used to do it
- CRTC pulls the plug on BCE’s national strategy
- Long-Time CTV host Jack McGaw has died
- Newsweek gone digital, The Guardian on edge
- Lloyd Robertson memoir recounts painful youth, CBC...
- Rupert Murdoch survives new bid to oust him from N...
- Crime reporter Jim Junkin joins City-TV
- Star story on Globe and Mail's paid online service...
- Globe and Mail's John Doyle's advice for the CBC p...
- The Globe to roll out metered paywall
- Former CTV Ottawa anchor Max Keeping diagnosed wit...
- BBC announces inquiry into sex abuse allegations a...
- Television is a winner in US presidential election
- Toronto, Rogers TV launch new City Insider TV show
- Show biz mag Variety's new owner impresses employees
- CBC Music losing millions as content costs surpass...
- CRTC asks for opinions on wireless service code
- Carol Goar honoured by human rights group
- NYT and Guild Agree to Hire a Mediator
- What a KISS! She lies about rape to win $10,000
- Legal counsel to CBC, Roman Melnyk dead
- Blogger calls iconic WW II photo ‘sexual assault’
- Bam, kapow, wham. Media gives Romney TKO
- Moderator Jim Lehrer the big loser after last nigh...
- TV anchor blasts viewer who criticizes her weight,...
- OpenFile suspends publication to prepare for upcom...
- The $50,000 Giller Prize short list announced
- ▼ October (45)
- ► 2011 (750)
- ► 2010 (1055)